History of the
Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church
* Sunday, January 19, 1969 at 4pm, eleven people met with the Rev. Percy Burt at the Mount Carmel Baptist Church, The R. S. Ruckett, Pastor.
* The Visiting Church, Savior Baptist Church, Rev. Robert Burt, Pastor, met in this service
* Rev. R.S. Ruckett opened the meeting with remarks. He said that the officers and members of Mount Carmel were high honored to set the new Church. Scripture was read followed by prayer.
* Rev. Ruckett announced that The Busy Pastorís Guide would be used in setting up the new Church, and to be used for rules and regulations until a Constitution and By-laws could be made.
* It was moved by Bro. Glispel, and seconded by Bro. Davis, that Rev. Percy Burt be the Pastor.
* The names of eleven members were received. Rev. Percy Burt extended invitation, and eight united with the Mount Calvary Church, for a total of 19 members
* Temporary officers were appointed. Remarks from visiting ministers
* On January 26, 1969 the first service of the Mount Calvary Church was held at the Y.W.C.A.
* On February 2nd, more officers were appointed and a choir was organized with Mrs. Percy Burt as pianist.
* The Church continued to grow and progress
* April 1969 was a memorable moment in time for Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church; on that day we marched from the Y.W.C.A. to our present site, here at 202 Sumner Street.
* Today, the Church is continuing to grow and progress.
If you have comments or would like more information about us, please be encouraged to write, fax or
Bless you all,
PRESS the BACK BUTTON to return